“The purpose of this surface is to advise visually impaired people of the edge of all off street railway platforms.”
Department for Transport (DFT) Document 1998
The off street/platform edge profile has been designed to cater for the growing demands of Disability Discrimination Act (DDA) 2004 compliance within the rail networks.
It has been widely adopted and approved throughout the network as it offers:
- Quick installation - 120 linear meters in 4 hours
- No excavation - most stations do not have access for heavy plant - no noise issues.
- Adheres to most surfaces, ie Ceramic, Marble, Concrete, Tarmac and Bitumen.
- Quick curing
- No mess
- No lifting equipment required
- Harder wearing than concrete
- Skid Resistance Value (SRV) tested
- Professional installation available
Railway Stations that have the Suregrp Tactile Systems include:
- West Harrow
- Raynes Lane
- Royal Oak
- Latimer Road
- West Byfleet
- Nottingham Parkway
To arrange site visits or surveys please contact us firstname.lastname@example.org